Monday 20 October 2008

Australian Odyssey

I'm leaving tomorrow for a seven week jaunt around Australia (with a couple of days in Bangkok thrown in for good measure). I'm planning to keep writing the tips as I go, but I'm sure you'll bear with me if they aren't published quite as regularly as usual.

Please keep reading, and even better, sharing your comments and thoughts about the tips. I'm sure not everyone agrees with me, and the odd dissenting voice and different perspective is most welcome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you explore Western Australia as well as the other states since you have 7 weeks. It often gets overlooked for the dazzle of Sydney and Melbourne.

David said...

I'm starting in Perth as it happens, and will be visiting Fremantle, Rottnest Island and New Norcia before heading across the Nullarbor to Adelaide on the train.

I love WA - I've done the south-west and got as far up the coast as Monkey Mia in the past. The Kimberley is high on the priority list for next time.

Neil said...

I'd kill to go to the Kimberley! Unfortunately it's about as far as you can possibly get from Melbourne while still being in Australia (and thus about as expensive as travel could be for me within Australia)... I hope you get to visit!